harder.com

Wednesday, April 24, 2002

Opera
I can already feel the smile spreading on everyone that has been to Vienna, and already knows what an amazing experience the Viennese State Opera is. I saw one of Mozart´s most famous operas, The Magic Flute a few nights ago. I got a standing-room ticket for only €3.50, and even after the conversion to the pacific peso, that is pretty damn cheap. The standing room section is a little like a mosh pit, but the opera was much better than anything else I´ve seen in a mosh pit. (Yes Cam, even better than Marva Wright.) The performances were all incredible, but the set and the detail in co-ordinating the set with the action and chorus really blew my away. So, yes, I liked it. Worth the price of the plane ticket by itself. Well, nearly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home